Friday 11 January 2013

Study Number 18 JEHOVAH TSIDKENU – THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS

Notes : Man has no righteousness

(Romans 3:10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
(Isaiah 64:6) But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.                                           

The Bible makes it clear that righteousness is impossible to be attained by man alone.
(Psalms 51:5) Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
(Job 25:4) How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
 Roman 5:12 By one man sin came into the world and death through sin. In this way death came to all men for all have sinned.

Since we are unrighteous, we need pardon from God.
(Isaiah 61:10) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
Applications
1.      Whoever you are you have no righteousness of your own. All our righteousness is as filthy rags in God’s sight. Isaiah the Prophet of Israel saw the glory of God on His throne and cried out , “Woe is me, for I am undone. I am a Man of unclean lips.”
2.      None of your good actions and nice character can make you righteous before God. It is not by keeping the ten commandments as so many people say they do. Actually only Jesus was completely Righteous as a man despite what others may say.
3.      We need the pardon from God for all our sin and undoneness. Cry out to God in your sinful state and He will pardon you. As the old Hymn says, “ Who is a pardoning God like thee, O who has grace so rich so free.”

No comments:

Post a Comment