Sunday 27 January 2013

Study Number 34 JEHOVAH GMOLAH - THE LORD WHO RECOMPENSES OR REWARDS

We all make choices every day which have consequences. Some are insignificant such as when to bath and what to wear. Others have huge consequences and set the direction of our lives like who we marry and what our job will be.

The Meaning of JEHOVAH GMOLAH
To recompense means “to repay or to reward or to compensate”  The word Gmolah or recompense means to give one his just deserts or payback. This name indicates that God will repay evil for evil and good for good.
By way of Illustration, all my life I have paid my tithes to the House of the LORD. In Malachi chapter 3 its says,:8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’
“In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty.12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.



The LORD has richly rewarded my family all our days. We have never lacked and now in old age we have an abundance. He surely is Jehovah Gmolah .

The first Biblical reference to this name is Jeremiah 51: 56 "A destroyer will come against Babylon;     her warriors will be captured,  and their bows will be broken.For the Lord is a God of retribution;     he will repay in full."NIV

The Lord promises the Babylonians they would reap whatever they sowed in the Destruction of Jerusalem.  Approximately 70 years later they were recompensed when the Medes and Persians took over Babylon and captured the city in one night. This is Jehovah Gmolah at work.

Applications
1. Have you been faithfully paying your tithes year after year. Then according to God’s Word you will see how amazingly you will be looked after. God’s blessings will come flooding into your lives.
2. Even if it takes time God will make sure that you reap what you have sown. God repays in full.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. I am using some of this teaching in Our Morning Reflections class at Spirit of Faith Christian Center. Dr. Michael Freeman is my Pastor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank God everyday 4 his son Jesus Christ, who made it possible for all of us to live ago..!In his blessing favor wisdom love prosperity abundant success hope power authority more than enough! ! Thank U ..4 another beautiful day & Many More 2 Comez! !Thank U. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank God everyday 4 his son Jesus Christ, who made it possible for all of us to live ago..!In his blessing favor wisdom love prosperity abundant success hope power authority more than enough! ! Thank U ..4 another beautiful day & Many More 2 Comez! !Thank U. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank God for this awakening word. I have never been a constant tither. I have struggled with the thought or idea of, but now l understand better,l don't want retribution to overcome me so as of Sunday, l will make it my Spiritual/Godly business to give my tithes no matter how little l have/get. I know He'll bless me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna do God's will but sometime people put too much emphasis on will a man rob God. I don't believe that that's how it really works from my understanding. Ask God and he will direct your path. We rob God in so many other ways. I love him too much to rob God. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete